Ignition wire question

Turbo

I just installed a new ignition wire/cap/rotor/plug set and wanted to make sure what I'm experiencing isn't placebo. I know I have the firing order correct but let say one of the plugs isn't all the way connected to the spark plug, would that cause a misfire and a CEL?
As much as I have tried to ensure everything is properly connected, I just don't want to drive around on 5 cylinders.

Thanks!

The spark can obviously jump across small gaps. If a plug wire was not seated well enough to allow a good spark to reach the plug it'd cause a misfire and eventually a check engine light.

Hopefully the ignition wiring you chose was a conventional ignition wiring set and not a so-called "performance" low resistance type wire. Those are actually cheaper and tend to cause static noise that can interfere with the PCM as well as causing ignition static noise in AM and CB radios.

Hey Jerry,
I used all factory parts with the exception of the plugs which I used an iridium one that you recommended on another thread.

I just want to double check that if a plug wire isn’t connected, a check engine light would be thrown on my 1999 4.0.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Would a single cylinder not firing cause the car to run really rough? I would imagine that an in-line 6 missing a single cylinder won’t be too terrible. Unlike a V6.