Increasing steering angle

Fughuert

TJ Enthusiast
Would there be anything wrong with replacing the steering stop bolts and replacing with ones without a welded stop nut to increase the steering angle? I can reweld the new stop nut if it's advised.

I'm finding plenty on adding washers to stop rubbing but I'm not having that issue.

I have plenty of clearance at full lock with the stock steering stops, wondering if I can increase my max steering angle, or if the steering box isn't meant to go that far or some other issue I could run into.

I will make sure I can steer at the full angle at full flex, etc. if it can be increased.

Would there be anything wrong with replacing the steering stop bolts and replacing with ones without a welded stop nut to increase the steering angle? I can reweld the new stop nut if it's advised.

I'm finding plenty on adding washers to stop rubbing but I'm not having that issue.

I have plenty of clearance at full lock with the stock steering stops, wondering if I can increase my max steering angle, or if the steering box isn't meant to go that far or some other issue I could run into.

I will make sure I can steer at the full angle at full flex, etc. if it can be increased.
Best way if you don't have any tire interference at full lock is to do as you described but turn to full lock at which point the stops in the steering gear will be your limit. Sets the stops at that length. Be aware that it is good to round over the head of the bolt to match stock. If you don't, the corner hits the inner C and that will often bend the bolt.

Reactions: Fughuert