Independence Day

Thanks! How's the whole Brexit thing going so far? I see so many people are upset about it, but I think it's a good thing personally.

Thanks! How's the whole Brexit thing going so far? I see so many people are upset about it, but I think it's a good thing personally.

The problems are all to do with people not understanding that if a majority vote for what they didn't, that's democracy in action.
A lot need to wake up and smell the coffee. Most students and up to 34's are saying that my generation (who made up most of the exit vote) have somehow stolen their future. They are the same people who did not know a UK outside of the EU and do not have any regard for the generation before mine who gave so much for Freedom and democracy in Europe. They are not very good at geography either, they say we voted to leave Europe unaware that the EU is not all of Europe and unless a major earth shattering event takes place and we float out into the Atlantic, we will always be part of Europe.

Reactions: Chris
I agree with you 100%. It's just like the millennial generation in the US. They blame everything and everyone else for their problems, when they simply don't understand the way things were before they came along. So yeah, I can totally relate to what you're talking about. You've got a generation of people saying that you stole their future, when in reality they simply don't understand that Britain was great long before the EU came along.

Happy Independence day to you all on the other side of the pond.
Beginning to understand the importance of celebrating Independence having just regained ours.
Thank you! One small step towards independence for the Brits. Congratulations! We have lost ours, unfortunately, due to the official announcement on Tuesday, July 5th at 11:00 am that the basic Rule of Law no longer applies in the US. I wish you folks better luck.