Inherited Big Red

Cocoeubanks

CC892A18-C9A8-43D4-86D8-810A514BA03E.jpeg

In early December I got something I’d always wanted but hoped I’d never actually get- I inherited my Dad’s 2005 TJ. He passed two days before my 40th birthday in February 2021. I had no idea how to drive a stick before getting it, but it’s been fun and I don’t stall out in the driveway anymore, haha!

I’m excited to learn the in and outs of it and hopefully learn to do some of my own repairs.

View attachment 299846

In early December I got something I’d always wanted but hoped I’d never actually get- I inherited my Dad’s 2005 TJ. He passed two days before my 40th birthday in February 2021. I had no idea how to drive a stick before getting it, but it’s been fun and I don’t stall out in the driveway anymore, haha!

I’m excited to learn the in and outs of it and hopefully learn to do some of my own repairs.
While it's awesome to see someone end up with such a beautiful example of the TJ, I'm sorry for your loss, and the manner in which you acquired it. Still, take care of it and enjoy, and know that your Dad's riding shotgun with you. You've come to the right place, btw. An incredible group resides here. Welcome aboard!

Sorry about your dad. I lost mine when I was close to that age too. Nice looking Jeep.

Welcome from another South Carolinian.

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
Wish it didn't have to come to you under those circumstances, but that's a very nice looking TJ and I hope you enjoy it.

Sorry to hear about your Dad. Welcome to the forum. Very nice looking Jeep! Whereabouts in SC are you? I've got family near Aiken.

Sorry to hear about your Dad. Welcome to the forum. Very nice looking Jeep! Whereabouts in SC are you? I've got family near Aiken.
My husband’s family is originally from Graniteville, but moved to Cheraw in the early 70s. After living in Colorado and Texas for ten years we moved to Cheraw in ‘18 to be closer to family.

The short answer is the middle of nowhere in the Pee Dee.

Having lost a parent at a young age, I want to say sorry for your loss.

Flame Red, 4.0, manual is sick combo to have in a TJ IMO. :love:

Welcome!

Last edited:
Reactions: freedom_in_4low
I lost my dad a few years ago as well. Looks like he took great care of that TJ! Welcome to the forum

Sorry for your loss. As far as learning the ins and outs of the TJ you landed at the right spot. We're always happy to help.

Reactions: Kon