<<Insert witty title about being a poor jeep owner here>> (06 Rubicon Progress Thread)

Gotts love that rust, huh? She looks good though, that's for sure! Do you or one of your friends have a lift?

Oh yeah, the rust kicked my ass through and through.

This lift install was on my 06 Rubicon, so yeah, I have one now.

Hurricane Florence kind of threw a wrench in my plans over the past few weeks so I'm still without rear shocks. Right now the plan is to go in, remove the rear wheel well liner and then go at the nuts with an air hammer w/ a chgisel tip and knock the nuts off so I can just install all new hardware and be done with it.

Reactions: Chris
Right now the plan is to go in, remove the rear wheel well liner and then go at the nuts with an air hammer w/ a chgisel tip and knock the nuts off so I can just install all new hardware and be done with it.

Sounds like a good plan to me!

Wooooo, I suck at updating posts!

So, the lift is still only partially installed. No pics, but the rear shock mounts are still being an absolute bitch and I cannot, for the life of me, get the old ones out of the way for the new ones. It's looking like this will have to be a trip to the shop.

New waterpump and thermostat went in yesterday and today I'm ordering the new rim and tire for the spare, as well as a new center tail light to fit inside the rim since the 33" tire will cover the old one completely.

Now to start saving money for a new front/rear bumper combo.

Though I'm curious about the following images.. Is my fuel rail/injector setup.. off?

Looking at the below picture, you can see the injectors on the far left and far right are pointing upright.. but the one in the center of the picture is pointing almost to the 5 o'clock position and there's a lot of debris and just general leakage in that area. Is this fucked up?
yzYzAU7.jpg

2V2Ro9X.jpg

gb6NUAZ.jpg

@Jerry Bransford - What do you think?

Reactions: TJ Starting