Installed JB Super Short SYE

Ol Blue

TJ Enthusiast
Had time to add fluid today and it leaks.... I took it as a sign and just ordered the 2 low... to be continued!

65623170-C8E0-42D2-A9E9-FDC4024709F5.jpeg
7010886E-15AC-4E1C-9AA9-27835D01A317.jpeg
1548536A-9D4F-49E0-A253-F66CE2CA589E.jpeg

Reactions: JMT
Where is it leaking at?

I just replaced the output shaft seal on mine. I called JB and they said it was a National Seal # 472572. I got one at NAPA for I think $22, and another one at Oriellys for $23.

Where is it leaking at?

I just replaced the output shaft seal on mine. I called JB and they said it was a National Seal # 472572. I got one at NAPA for I think $22, and another one at Oriellys for $23.

Should you replace the output shaft seal “Once your in there”? Or only replace it if it leaks? I’m going to be doing this soon.

Should you replace the output shaft seal “Once your in there”? Or only replace it if it leaks? I’m going to be doing this soon.
I would replace it only if it is leaking. I was able to slide the housing off/on without damaging the seal the first time.

Reactions: KCsTJ and 06TJ35's
Where is it leaking at?

It’s leaking towards the bottom of the two halves. Was a light on the rtv., rush job on my part, daughter wanted to go to the park.

Reactions: KCsTJ
So I’m planning on splitting the case again on Tuesday. One to install the 2 low and two to fix the leak. Do I have to remove the tail housing too ?

Not to replace the seal, no. You can use a puller to remove it and then gently tap in the new seal.

No need to pull the tail housing. Just do a better job at sealing🙂

My only tip is to make sure your yoke nut is on nice and tight. IIRC jb states that nut needs to be torqued to like 200 ft/lbs. Otherwise the needle will be all over the place. I used heat shrink butt connectors on mine to make sure the water stayed out

Reactions: Ol Blue