Installed this last night

PriddyBoy

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
6439e60f5ba00b9cad739d6a265118f4.jpg

Installed this last night. What do ya think? Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, that is nice. Doesn't look like its hacked in there either. How hard was it to do? I'm not really a fan of where my CB is on top of the dash.

It wasn’t too hard but that relative to you experience, I got the CB new for $100 from a CB shop. the double din dash kit was $90 from a local stereo shop. Around $50 for new antenna and coax. The hard part was finding a CB that I liked the retro look of that wasn’t too big to fit. I still had to cut the defroster vent tube just a little to get the coax to screw on to the CB then sealed it up with a rubber mastic tape and the defroster still works like it should.

It wasn’t too hard but that relative to you experience, I got the CB new for $100 from a CB shop. the double din dash kit was $90 from a local stereo shop. Around $50 for new antenna and coax. The hard part was finding a CB that I liked the retro look of that wasn’t too big to fit. I still had to cut the defroster vent tube just a little to get the coax to screw on to the CB then sealed it up with a rubber mastic tape and the defroster still works like it should.

Your classic TJ just went up in serious value my friend.

Reactions: PriddyBoy
Bravo, that looks excellent! I might have to copy you on that one.

I particularly like the old school look or that CB radio!

Reactions: PriddyBoy
Would it be possible to put the CB on top? I only ask because you might find yourself fighting the mic cord for the radio access. Great job though. Looks great.

I’m seriously considering this since I’m running into a significant amount of issues with my current cb (go figure). There aren’t too many din sized radio options on the market, why’d you go with that one? :)