Installing a JK muffler on a TJ

thrasherbb

I got a free muffler that was on his 2 door JK from my friend and have been trying to figure out how I can get it in my TJ, the muffler has pipes on either side of that just bolted on, as opposed to the TJ mufflers that are just the muffler.I figured you guys would have a much easier understanding of it. So any instruction or information would be incredibly helpful.

I got a free muffler that was on his 2 door JK from my friend and have been trying to figure out how I can get it in my TJ, the muffler has pipes on either side of that just bolted on, as opposed to the TJ mufflers that are just the muffler.I figured you guys would have a much easier understanding of it. So any instruction or information would be incredibly helpful.

Photos?

Remove your gas tank? Seriously... that's where the JK muffler goes.

Genright or other fuel cell.

I'd spend the $178 like I did on a Holley Hooker Blackheart CAT back exhaust or $30 for a cheap ebay or Amazon muffler before I tried stuffing that under a TJ.

-Mac

Reactions: Shank

B61FBEF7-9AC6-4A2C-BF3C-8A29E975A67D.jpeg

Remove your gas tank? Seriously... that's where the JK muffler goes.

Genright or other fuel cell.

I'd spend the $178 like I did on a Holley Hooker Blackheart CAT back exhaust or $30 for a cheap ebay or Amazon muffler before I tried stuffing that under a TJ.

-Mac

I wasn’t suggesting using the pipes and everything that came with the JK exhaust. Rather cutting them off and attaching manifolds and pipes so it could factory fit into the TJ

5AAB6365-03E5-4122-9C49-84692E2FABF2.jpeg

Dang. A jk muffler is at least twice the size of a stock tj muffler. Are you sure there’s even enough room to put that puppy in there?

Reactions: Chris
Understood...I get it...my wife's 2012 JK's muffler is 31" x 11".

That one looks smaller.

My TJ has a cherry bomb...I think it's 16 or 18 inches.

IMG20230302115832.jpg

-Mac

Reactions: Shank