Installing noico sound deadening this weekend

This project looks like such a pain and I'm worried about rust worse and stuff, however I am getting tired of not being able to have conversations on the highway so I really need to do it. It's good to know that you don't need 100% coverage so there is less pressure to get everything perfect. I'm debating getting new carpet too but it appears bedrug does not make tan carpets

I was hesitant for similar reasons. SoundDeadenerShowdown.com has some good explanations of how you get diminishing returns after about 50% coverage, and recommends 50% coverage and a layer of mass-loaded vinyl instead. So, I went for 50% coverage and then MLV. Using mass-loaded carpet would probably do the same thing as MLV. I tried a sample of bedbug but then decided to go with OCC, who are one of many vendors for ACC carpets. You can pick your color and get mass-loaded backing on it.

Reactions: Cheetokps
I was hesitant for similar reasons. SoundDeadenerShowdown.com has some good explanations of how you get diminishing returns after about 50% coverage, and recommends 50% coverage and a layer of mass-loaded vinyl instead. So, I went for 50% coverage and then MLV. Using mass-loaded carpet would probably do the same thing as MLV. I tried a sample of bedbug but then decided to go with OCC, who are one of many vendors for ACC carpets. You can pick your color and get mass-loaded backing on it.
I think now I'm leaning towards the ACC cutpile carpet with mass backing on top of the noico 80mil. Carpet is $350plus shipping on rockauto, which is a little pricey but doesn't seem awful for what you get. I just ordered some free samples from them so hopefully one of the colors will line up with my interior

Reactions: SSTJ