Instrument cluster lighting problem when doors open

My 2005 Wangler instrument lighting is out. I have notice when the dimmer switch is at at its lowest and the either door open; the gauges go crazy. Shut doors and start engin gauges are normal. Also the dome lights to not come on when door is open. Are the lights and gauges connected somehow? As you can tell I'm new to this. Help help help

The dome lights not coming on when your doors are open is likely due to the fact that someone removed the number 4 fuse behind the glovebox. This is commonly done among us TJ owners to keep the dome lights from staying on when the doors are removed. I took mine out and left it out for this reason.

As for the gauges acting wonky when the door is open, I would take out the gauge cluster and put your head up under the drivers side kick panel. Look around and see if you can visibly see anything wrong such as melted wires, loose connectors, bad grounds, etc. Something is going on there, and it would seem its wiring harness related.

Thank you both for direction. I will start by checking fuses and then go to checking grounds. From there I will pull gauge cluster and clean terminals. I'm starting to wonder if my multi-switch may have some problems.