Instrument cluster repair / rebuild

satcomr

My cluster has 2 flaky gauges. Oil pressure and temp. My oil pressure is 80+ and my temp is a nice constant 210(off, cold, running) for grins i swapped my oil pressure sending unit with no change. If i unplug it, I get a check gauges warning and still at 80psi. Temp gauge doesn't move, but my odb reader has correct temps. My real question is that does anyone have a repair source for the cluster? A recommended place to send it in for repair? I have a GM guy that only does 99 to 07 gmc trucks. I am betting that there is a tj guy out there. Any recommendations? Thanks!

My cluster has 2 flaky gauges. Oil pressure and temp. My oil pressure is 80+ and my temp is a nice constant 210(off, cold, running) for grins i swapped my oil pressure sending unit with no change. If i unplug it, I get a check gauges warning and still at 80psi. Temp gauge doesn't move, but my odb reader has correct temps. My real question is that does anyone have a repair source for the cluster? A recommended place to send it in for repair? I have a GM guy that only does 99 to 07 gmc trucks. I am betting that there is a tj guy out there. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Just get another one

I couldn't find anyone to repair my instrument cluster. But, I did find a shop that sells rebuilt ones for $300 dollars with a warranty. They will even set the mileage.

You can get clusters from the ebay junkyards. Just make sure that the part number matches. (The letters aren't important). Bear in mind, the replacement will remember the mileage from its original Jeep.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1762949227...pid=5337789113&customid=&toolid=10001&mkevt=1
1716775861915.png

Reactions: Moglocker
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
I did find a couple places that claims to refurbish them. If the jeep wasn't so stock or if I had plans to heavily modify it I would just go the junker route. I think I am going to try the refurbished route and post the results here as well along with the costs.

I did find a couple places that claims to refurbish them. If the jeep wasn't so stock or if I had plans to heavily modify it I would just go the junker route. I think I am going to try the refurbished route and post the results here as well along with the costs.

I needed a cluster for my wife's Durango a while back, so I got one off ebay. It works just fine. I just made a note referencing the mileage difference. $45.