Insurance Availability for Cargo Trailer Only

flyinfish

Woke Is A Joke!
Supporting Member
Any suggestions for stand alone cargo trailer/utility trailer comp and collision insurance?

My Mission aluminum cargo trailer is currently insured along with three other vehicles on my policy. I'm now trying to add a fifth vehicle but Oregon has a rule that you can only have four vehicles on a policy and trailers are counted as a vehicle.
My insurance carrier will allow me to add another policy or basically a split policy for the additional vehicle but I'll lose a 40% multi car discount on the added policy.
I'm calling the insurance company back in the morning and see if I can put two vehicles and the trailer on one policy and two vehicles on the other policy to retain the multi discount on both. Exploring options so any info. is appreciated.

Any suggestions for stand alone cargo trailer/utility trailer comp and collision insurance?

My Mission aluminum cargo trailer is currently insured along with three other vehicles on my policy. I'm now trying to add a fifth vehicle but Oregon has a rule that you can only have four vehicles on a policy and trailers are counted as a vehicle.
My insurance carrier will allow me to add another policy or basically a split policy for the additional vehicle but I'll lose a 40% multi car discount on the added policy.
I'm calling the insurance company back in the morning and see if I can put two vehicles and the trailer on one policy and two vehicles on the other policy to retain the multi discount on both. Exploring options so any info. is appreciated.

Interesting, another one of the strange laws from Oregon. I have my car trailer insured thru State Farm but I don't see how that would help you any.

Interesting, another one of the strange laws from Oregon. I have my car trailer insured thru State Farm but I don't see how that would help you any.

I assume your trailer is on your policy with other items.
I was born in Oregon and it's sad and maddening to see a once great state become a shit hole. At least I live a couple hours away from the portland metro area.

• Sad
Reactions: Wildman
I assume your trailer is on your policy with other items.
I was born in Oregon and it's sad and maddening to see a once great state become a shit hole. At least I live a couple hours away from the portland metro area.

It's sad to see what has happened to OR & WA both... They use to both be great states. Was part of why I'd moved back here to WA was because I'd liked it so much. But it's turning into a SHITHOLE too.

Yes I have:
2008 Host motohome
1997 Dodge Ram 1500
2003 Toyota Camrey
2015 HD CVO Road Glide
2018 Honda CB500F
2007 TNT car trailer

And my home & property.

Once the Jeep is running I'll be adding it back to my policy also.

Reactions: flyinfish
I'm calling the insurance company back in the morning and see if I can put two vehicles and the trailer on one policy and two vehicles on the other policy to retain the multi discount on both.

There's also the option of buying another vehicle, just so you can keep the "savings" for a multi vehicle policy. I'd make that choice. ;)

Other than that, I have no useful suggestions.

There's also the option of buying another vehicle, just so you can keep the "savings" for a multi vehicle policy. I'd make that choice. ;)

Other than that, I have no useful suggestions.

I need little more than a suggestion and I'm ready to buy another rig. :LOL:
It's too bad car insurance is structured like it is. What would make more sense (for the customer anyway) is to rate you off your highest value vehicle and any other vehicles you owned would be covered. You can only drive one at a time but your charged as if you're driving all of them.

Reactions: BlueC