Insurance Recommendations? Offroad Insurance?

Jack_Stefan

TJ Enthusiast
The more and more i mod my TJ i realize that i should probably change my provider. Currently i have Esurance for three vehicles:

2002 Wrangler Sport (Full Coverage)
2006 Ducati (Liability)
2010 VW Jetta (Liability)

All are paid in full.

I pay 146/month for 6months

But i think if i were to ever get in a accident with my TJ i wouldn't get anything close to its current value. I think i have close to 8k in parts not including labor. Esurance offers an aftermarket parts coverage but it only goes as high as 4,000.00 in coverage. And its an extra 380 to my 6 month policy.

And what about accidents on the trail? is that even covered? i havent called to ask cause im betting they will question the shit of me. But is there a company that can cover me off roading and appraise my jeep's current value?

ty.

You may want to try some of those collector car companies like Grundy. See what special coverages they offer.
Important thing is to discuss trail riding. Do the policies exclude off-highway activity, race tracks, etc.
Only the carrier can answer that for you. And don't let anyone hearsay tell you "blankety blank covers it" without looking at the policy language to confirm!

I have a stated value policy with Hagerty. They will write about anything you want. Cost me about $80 a month for full coverage with a $30k policy on replacement. Covers off road damage as long as you are not competing in a "race". Check them out.

I have State Farm. They will cover the cost of mods if you have a receipt. Labor is not covered.
better check the policy language on that. If they do, it's a limited amount.
Seriously. The policy language will override what the agent says. I have state farm and my policies specifically exclude aftermarket parts over like $1k.

I have a stated value policy with Hagerty. They will write about anything you want. Cost me about $80 a month for full coverage with a $30k policy on replacement. Covers off road damage as long as you are not competing in a "race". Check them out.
I've always wondered how that works. What prevents someone from stating their Jeep is worth 30K then wrecking it for the money?

Does Hagerty have any specific language about off road use?

Reason I ask is this:

1632775257130.png

Does Hagerty have any specific language about off road use?

Reason I ask is this:

View attachment 279771

I would have to dig out my policy docs. I know there is a disclaimer about "competition" and "racing". As far as coverage, they didn't bat an eye at a $30k stated value policy on a 2006 LJ with a salvage title. I would call them directly with specific questions. I specifically asked them about off road damage and theft. If my Jeep is totaled I get $30k, I am good with paying $80 a month for that.

I've always wondered how that works. What prevents someone from stating their Jeep is worth 30K then wrecking it for the money?
It doesn't really matter in the eyes of the actuary. If you are buying a policy for a vehicle stated to be worth 30k then they are selling you insurance based on that, and your premiums will reflect it.

If you just wreck it for the money then it's insurance fraud, so your talking about a whole different question.