Intercom / headset systems?

Babygools99

TJ Enthusiast
Is anyone running an intercom or headset system in their jeep? I'm having problems getting people hearing me when the doors are off and its starting to get on my nerves having to yell and still hearing a "huh?" Or "what?" In response to that. Lol.

Any information on where to start looking. I don't want something that's going to break the bank, as i won't be using it everyday, but i do plan on using it quite a bit this summer!

TIA for any information you have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1999tj
I've started running some rugged radios stuff. I don't have the intercom yet, but I can use my cell phone and various radios with it. I got the bluetooth model with aux port and 5 pin radio input and I use it on the tractor, in the Jeep, even on the range some, mower, ie anytime I'm in a loud environment and need to communicate or just listen to stuff on my phone.

I do want to get their intercom setup so we can communicate inside the Jeep on the highway with proper hearing protection. I just find running around without a top or doors for long and I'm deaf.

Oh btw if you're gonna pick stuff up from RR, try to find something in their clearance items and you can see a nice discount it seems.

RR’s sometimes has good deals in their clearence section. There’s also PCI race radios that have intercom systems.

I have ridden in rigs with both setups, such a pleasure to be able to hear your partner talk and not get drowned out by loud engines/exhausts....

It has prompted me to consider a setup in my TJ. It’s not loud by any means, but on the HWY, with tire and wind noise I think it’ll be nice. As it is now, I’m half deaf from years of Harley riding with a half helmet and no ear plugs and other questionable activities...lol