Interesting phone / radio mount

Moab

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
Maybe I missed it but I don't recall seeing a mount that uses the grab handle bolt to fasten to. It's also pretty cheap and looks like it could be adapted to any phone or radio mount you wanted. I haven't looked up under the glove box to see how hard it is to get to that bolt though. I like my phone closer to me. But it's a great option for an additional handheld or other device.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=233457956221

333333333.JPG

Reactions: mushdogs
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Seems like a good way to get a GPS lodged into your forehead should your airbags deploy. But, with so many aftermarket bumpers these days who knows if they would deploy at all. Are they on inertia sensors now or still impact sensors?

Seems like a nifty, reasonably priced option. My only concern would be if it would interfere with the passenger side airbag deployment.
I agree. While I don't think it would stop the air bag, I think your airbag would turn the phone into a big slug that would take you out.

I had the airbag in my Frontier go off when I hit a guy that cut me off one time. I can take a good hit but it nailed me in the chest and it hurt.

I have one of these in my JK for a CB mount - it's slightly further left so it would be clear of the air-bag if it deploys. it's a nifty little mount, and was only a few $$

I've thought of using a mount in that location for CB mic. Anyone know how the airbag deploys? I'm guessing the air bag compartment is hinged on the top and opens just above the handle.

I used to have this mounted to my dash for my phone or GPS.

20200201_085928.jpg

Now I have the Rugged Ridge extender with phone holder. I think it's the same phone holder just different mount. Works well but with my phone every now and then it will slide out and pop violently toward my face. I think it's because my case is slick. S8 Active with Bodyguardz case.

20200201_090105.jpg

I used to have this mounted to my dash for my phone or GPS.

View attachment 137862

Now I have the Rugged Ridge extender with phone holder. I think it's the same phone holder just different mount. Works well but with my phone every now and then it will slide out and pop violently toward my face. I think it's because my case is slick. S8 Active with Bodyguardz case.

View attachment 137863
Does look the same. I figure if the 3M ADHESIVE disc it came with ever let loose I’d just bolt it to the existing tray.

I always run my iPhone horizontal and have never had it come out.

My gf has the giant iPhone and runs it the same way and it holds solid.

Last edited:
Reactions: ejay
I have the phone mount on the passenger grab handle. I like that its lower, more out of sight from outside. It does vibrate a bit on really bumpy roads. But doesn't fall off.
I also have the tray on top of the day, but i'm missing the phone mount piece. I tried to find just that piece but struck out. I did put a magnetic mount up there but it fell off too often.

P_20200201_110735.jpg

P_20200201_110610.jpg

P_20200201_110630.jpg