Intermittent no crank on 4.0 automatic TJ

HawksFan67

Will a faulty clock spring cause an intermittent no crank problem? I have no cover on my 02 Wrangler for the column. I've replaced that aluminum pin that feeds into the ignition switch 4 or 5 years ago and never put it back on. I got stuck in a CVS drive through after I shut off the vehicle. Turns out the connector that plugs into the bottom of the clock spring came out. Plugged it back in and the Jeep fired right up. Went to fill up with gas a week later and again wont crank. Looked and made sure all the connections were good and didn't come out. Still didn't crank. Called tow truck and had them drop the Jeep in my driveway. After he unhooked the Jeep I reached in and it started right up. I replaced the ignition switch for shits and giggles. Jeep was fine for a week and a half and I got stuck again in a Tractor supply parking lot because it wouldn't crank. Got it towed again but no luck starting it when it came off the tow truck. Switched relays around again in fuse box to make sure starter relay was ok but still no crank. Could a faulty clock spring be the culprit? Thanks in advance for your help.......

Brian