Intermittent No Start - Ignition

Y2K Heep

2000 4.0 5speed

Twice recently when I've tried to start my TJ, it will crank and not turn over. When it does this I will lose my dash lights/odometer/idiot lights completely. Then out of nowhere on a 5-6th attempt it will fire over and everything will illuminate. No codes and everything runs fine. Then the next 10-15 times I start it I'll have no issue and it will turn right over.

New battery & battery cables (I used to have a no-start issue before the battery cables but it was a corrosion/no crank at all)

I'm thinking there's an issue with the ignition actuator/switch/tumbler, but I'm not sure that would cause the dash lights to cut. Did some searching but wasn't able to pinpoint anyone with these specific symptoms. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Bump...any other thoughts? Still having this happen, no stalling issues, no codes, no "NoBus" warning, no weird gauge activity. Does it sound like PCM problem? I've read about the CPS issues but they seem to be different than what I'm experiencing. Of course I pulled out my phone to take a video today when it happened, and it started right up on the next try no drama.

Did anyone have ignition actuator issues that still allowed cranking? It seems like most ignition switch issues show a symptom of no cranking, but I don't have that problem either. I've looked on every TJ/XJ forum I could for a couple weeks and still scratching my head.

I had ignition switch issues. It did not allow craaanking. I bypassed the ignition switch years ago with a button.

Not long ago I did have a problem as you describe and I replaced the CPS since it was a cheap fix. Have not had it since. As I understand it the CPS does not always throw a code. Mine did not.