Ironman TJ rear lower extended clearance shock mounts

David Kishpaugh

TJ Guru
Lifetime Supporting Member
Has anyone used IronMan Fab lower shock mounts?
any installation/installed pictures other than posted in adverisement?

Ironmanshockmount.jpg

I'm interested to hear feedback as well. Pretty decent price for these also @ $28.

the computer generated design is not the same as the real pics. and i don't understand the top weld in piece not being against the tube and usable for additional weld.

hangs deep like a JK shock mount.

Installed like that is a rock magnet
That doesn't matter for most that are just in need of replacements caused by improper bumpstop or an addition to a new lift being done by a shop that's concerned about the things that are always overlooked such as spring pad contact, matching bumpstop extension, exust clearance and so on. We can spend more time on moving the mounts than it takes to install an entire kit. We are very limited to how much they can be moved without outboarding them.

I think it's funny when we complain about the shock mounts being a rock magnet yet the stock control mounts still stay on there. Having said this, shock mounts have always been a peeve of mine... When we do move the control arm mounts, everything up top also has to be moved and raised as well to keep the separation we need, which creates a bigger clearance issue with the tub when running mid/long arms.

20211215_200008.jpg

Screenshot_20211225-131507_Facebook.jpg

FB_IMG_1640466733249.jpg

FB_IMG_1640466788660.jpg

FB_IMG_1640467731968.jpg

FB_IMG_1640467578784.jpg

FB_IMG_1640467512362.jpg

FB_IMG_1640467555441.jpg

Reactions: SvtLdr
they all appear to have been dictated by the supplied/chosen shock length, which in most cases is the deal and what makes this chunk just another option.

they all appear to have been dictated by the supplied/chosen shock length, which in most cases is the deal and what makes this chunk just another option.
Yes, t complimenting the normal bolt on kit and help keep the bumpstop amount to a minimum. Without using a set, It looks like Andy put some thought into them. I'd never seen them before until Friday while ordering an xj steering brace.

Yes, t complimenting the normal bolt on kit and help keep the bumpstop amount to a minimum. Without using a set, It looks like Andy put some thought into them. I'd never seen them before until Friday while ordering an xj steering brace.
Hey David. How do I send you a pm. I'm looking for some 44 factory locker info and maybe parts.
Could you please pm me. I'm new to forum and for some reason don't see a pm section