Is 93 Renegade worth extra

Upstater

I saw a 93 Wrangler Renegade for sale with 135K miles. Not sure I like the built in steps and fog lamps. Is it a good investment?

How much was the asking price? I personally don't think the YJs have as much appreciation potential as a TJ. But it also depends on what you would pay for the YJ.

Reactions: Nuggsfan
I would say "pass". The YJs unless severely modified for off-road use don't see prices higher than 10K or so. I've only seen one recently (a Yj islander) that was stock and only had 15,000 miles on it sell for near 20K. The YJs just don't have the same mass appeal.

Reactions: Upstater
Hard pass. YJ's in general are pretty much the least desirable jeep you can get (wrangler/CJ anyway) and then the renegade package is about the least desirable YJ there is.

Ditto everything else already posted. There is a red YJ with the Renegade package that I drive by twice a day going to and from work and I always think to myself that it is a great "conversation piece", like if I inherited one but I just can't see investing the kind of money your seller is asking . . . maybe at 1k or less and only then if I really, Really, REALLY wanted that conversation piece.