Is a trackbar relocation bracket necessary for a 2.5 inch lift?

DropTopDon

TJ Enthusiast
I know this question has been asked a lot but I wanted to get some info on my situation specifically. I have a 2.5 in suspension lift and 1.25 in body lift. I am about to bite the bullet on a SYE and DC shaft and after researching I am seeing that a track bar relocation bracket is required. I have an adjustable JKS trackbar in the rear, so would I need a specific bracket or are they all universal?

so would I need a specific bracket or are they all universal?
they are universal but they come in 2 versions .......straight and angled. the amount of pinion roll usually helps decide which you need or can get away with.

Not sure you'd need the relocation bracket since you've already got the adjustable track bar. I thought the bracket was for use with the stock, non-adjustable bar.
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

You can try it, you can shorten the lowers and lengthen the uppers to keep the rear wheel centered at full bump, but without an angled bracket the track bar will likely hit the fuel tank/crossmember, especially ig you have a steel skid. I would just get the RockJock bar and bracket, but there are others out there. I also weld the bracket in, as I've seen several come loose.

Not sure you'd need the relocation bracket since you've already got the adjustable track bar. I thought the bracket was for use with the stock, non-adjustable bar.
The angled bracket accounts for clearances needed when the pinion angle is adjusted for the DC driveshaft. The adjustable track bar itself recenters the axle when lifted.

Reactions: GPK03X
the track bar controls the position of your axle as it moves up and down. the bar swings on a radius, level is optimal, restoring what we can to that relationship, keeps the sys more efficient.
see the difference in the amount of side to side axle motion.

2circle.PNG

if you have a 2" lift and use a 2" TB riser you don't/ shouldn't need an adjustable TB in the rear. it's beyond that you need more riser or an adjustable link to maintain that connection.

Last edited:
I know this question has been asked a lot but I wanted to get some info on my situation specifically. I have a 2.5 in suspension lift and 1.25 in body lift. I am about to bite the bullet on a SYE and DC shaft and after researching I am seeing that a track bar relocation bracket is required. I have an adjustable JKS trackbar in the rear, so would I need a specific bracket or are they all universal?
Just get the JKS angled bracket and you will be fine

Is the Rockjock (angled bracket) worth double the price of the JKS?

My understanding is that it moves the axle side further forward than other angled options. This prevents the track bar/crossmember interference that so many end up trimming the crossmember for.