Is it getting cold there?

we got down into single digits (°F) last week but it's back up around 60 this week; rather nice.

The past year has been odd...don't know if you heard about it down there but a town in western Canada hit 121°F back in the end of June and Portland and Seattle both broke their own records with temps into the 110s. This is a region where AC is usually not needed and commonly omitted in residential construction. The state of Washington reported 100 heat-related deaths that week.

In my part of the country, we got lucky. I think we only reached 100 once or twice, but we spent a lot of time in the high 90s which is quite unpleasant with the humidity. I remember summers where we had 40+ consecutive days over 100. Hell, when I was a kid, having a high over 100 is what told me it was summer.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: pc1p and Fishtaco
Was a warm late fall and early winter, but it's finally getting to where it's supposed to be... hoping this storm coming through on Sun/Mon will drop a lot of snow to play in :)

PA weather.JPG

Dateline: Colorado Springs - 60* today, possibility for Snow tomorrow.

CO's weather is bi-polar. I've lived here 20 years and EVERY YEAR someone tells me, "Oh, it's not normally like this..."

THEN WTF IS IT LIKE?!?!

hahaha. I know what you mean. I think it's just that most days are mostly unremarkable...meaning it's not too hot, not to cold, usually sunny. Anything different is not normal.

I really enjoyed, and miss, the weather there. I lived four years in the Security/Widefield and Fountain area and one year in Monument. I liked the summers in Monument...I built a fence, using clamshell diggers, in August, in jeans and a hoodie. I think I would have enjoyed winter more if my kids were older. They are still at the age where being cooped up inside isn't good for anybody.

• Haha
Reactions: pc1p and nathanotis
I didnt wear a coat today. It's 53 F. We will get freezing rain then 3-6" of snow tomorrow. Thanks for screwing things up Canada.

Dateline: Colorado Springs - 60* today, possibility for Snow tomorrow.

CO's weather is bi-polar. I've lived here 20 years and EVERY YEAR someone tells me, "Oh, it's not normally like this..."

THEN WTF IS IT LIKE?!?!
Well. Depends on which valley your in 🤷‍♂️:LOL:

weather is really strange out there. leave the house and its down pouring like no other, leave the valley and go to another on the other side of the peak and its dry hot and sunny. bizarre.

Because in West australia a costal town recorded 123.3F yesterday! Matching the previous high of 123.3 in 1960, remember this was a costal town not a desert!

The sticker you sent me got to experience what -3F feels like the other night.

Reactions: Fishtaco
Dead of winter here. Days are only in the low 70s with nights in the high 40s and it’s been cloudy for the last few days. Winter sucks.
Good thing I have a mask on my face to prevent frost bite.

Here in south central Texas we have two temperatures - "hot" and "holy shit it's hot". Last winter was truly an anomaly and we don't expect snow for another 50 years (I still blame Al Gore!). Today's high will be around 54F. Almost time to get the tomatoes in the ground.
BTW, I spent a winter in St. John's NL and you can keep that stuff. 70F below zero wind chill. The guy at the hotel wouldn't let us leave; said we would freeze to death in the parking lot.

43°f and rain. Tomorrow 3” of snow predicted. It’ll be gone on Monday.
All the milk is gone off the shelves already. Schools closed. Salt on the roads.

We have some more above 100 days next week, its been a bit milder the past 2 days being in the 80,s and has given the place time to get cool with the lower morning temps.

11 degF this morning here in northern Indiana. Lowest so far this season, 3 degF. No "minus" yet but it's coming!

This morning when I woke up we were at 9 degrees. Tonight we're only supposed to get down to 25 degrees but they're calling for "1 foot or more" of snow overnight.

I've been called crazy a few different times by the wife for wanting to pull the top off and get to the streets before the plows and salt trucks make a mess. With tomorrow being MLK day, this may be the first large overnight snowfall in at least a decade that those trucks aren't out by 1 AM. And yes the top will be off. Snow has to be better than getting wet from the rain and burnt from the sun.

Perth has just recorded the highest heat wave temps for an Australian main city on record and I am over it! 8 straight days above 105F with one more to come Saturday! A cool change is expected Sunday and next week of around 100F lol

114F on the way home from work this afternoon same as yesterday, it hasn't dropped below 80F and that's at sunrise, I have not seen a cloud since November! Dry brutal heat is all I can say and its murder to work in, i am burnt to a crisp and that's with full sun protection.

Totally different driving the TJ on normal hot days to driving it in stop go traffic at well over 100F, idle seems a bit rough at traffic signals but temp gauge hasn't changed and no weird noises or CEL! Still loving it topless but not so easy to breath :)

Last edited: