Is it my computer?

spiccolli

looking for a bit of advice from @Wranglerfix.

I sent a couple emails but didn't get any replies maybe the website email doesn't notify you?, Anyways.....

Heard lots of good things about you on this forum. So, my situation:
1997 TJ Wrangler Sport 4.0 Auto 3 speed, 200k miles, but maybe half of those towed.
Transmission was completely rebuilt recently, and I keep good maintenance on everything OEM plugs, wires, rotor, distributor.
Started throwing code P0740 torque converter clutch solenoid and a few others for misfires.
Took it back to the transmission shop and they said it was working perfectly, and I agree – it is strong and locks up great. They said it might be “ghost codes” but I never had any before after a few thousand miles of owning it.
I also feel no misfires from the engine, no backfires, no issues – she runs strong and smooth – especially for the age.
Of course, I keep resetting the codes when they happen which is random running conditions and random times between, and I don’t want to throw money at something just to try to fix it.

Do you think it might be a problem with the computer?

Thanks for any help!!

• USA Proud
Reactions: Wranglerfix
Hey @spiccolli Please send me a private message with your email address and I will search my inbox. I apologize for the delay in responding.

According to all data this is the cause of a P0740 DTC. The kicker in the pic is intermittent wiring and connectors.

D2E4FA07-5D78-4512-9123-7BC77FF05906.jpeg

That is a take on Sean Penns famous line in Fast Times at Ridgemont High. He killed it.