Is it normal to have to jack the frame up to fit new shocks?

Thanks guys.
The boots on the rear shocks area rigid plastic sealed at the top but open on the bottom where they overlap the shock body. Design seems pretty good, would allow moisture to drain out but protect from sand debris etc.

The front shocks (which I will hopefully install tomorrow) are flexible and come with a zip tie to seal the around the shock body.

Last edited:
I think in Oregon not having boots is better. Unless you are running the dunes - then it makes sense. We don’t salt the roads here - but get plenty of rain. So it’s better that the water doesn’t get trapped, but you don’t need to worry about the shafts getting wet since they are salt free.

Reactions: Rick Flair
Thanks guys.
The boots on the rear shocks area rigid plastic sealed at the top but open on the bottom where they overlap the shock body. Design seems pretty good, would allow moisture to drain out but protect from sand debris etc.

The front shocks (which I will hopefully install tomorrow) are flexible and come with a zip tie to seal the around the shock body.

Yes the rear one’s make sense to me. I don’t see the issue with the shrouded ones.