Is it worth it?

What's a good estimate to do a 5.3 swap right?

I had the full quote done up by Novak. A rebuilt 4L60E (I would insist on the transmission being rebuilt) and a low mileage 5.3 with every single component needed to bolt it in and have a turn key swap (doing the labor yourself however) was roughly 15k.

This was using plug-and-play wiring harnesses, all of Novaks adapters, etc. It wasn't cheap, but this was the cost to buy all the parts and do it as good as possible. This would retain the factory A/C controls, factory gauge cluster, etc., etc.

It’s very tempting. I’ve got 5 kids and one just turned 16, the twin boys are 14, I am getting a 91 XJ next month. One idea was to fix up the XJ and flip it, another was to move the engine from the XJ into a TJ like this one, another was to just stick with the XJ, which is probably the smartest idea. I don’t really have room for a project, but I do need more Jeep’s for the kids. Or is this just a ploy to get more Jeeps?!😜 I would like to share my project with all my great friends here @Goatman!
Are you having kids to get jeeps? You are . It's brilliant . Jeeps and tax deductions.