Is my catalytic converter about to shit itself?

They are considerably more expensive now.

Funny you say that. When mine failed aftermarket was illegal in California so you had to purchase them through the dealer. Today legal aftermarket replacements are actually cheaper than what I had to pay at the dealership. Who know what the situation will be when mine fails again?

Funny you say that. When mine failed aftermarket was illegal in California so you had to purchase them through the dealer. Today legal aftermarket replacements are actually cheaper than what I had to pay at the dealership. Who know what the situation will be when mine fails again?

Mine was flowmaster for $250 shipped or less

Good advice, I'm at 150 having replaced them like I said at 70. Now I'm in denial about replacing them again, what stage is that?

You are in secondary catalytic converter replacement denial- We consider that a little more extensive than primary because you’ve already been through it once before and you know you need to do it. You’ll see other signs like your toothbrush is getting soft and your sock drawer is a complete mess.

Of course this is coming from people that put off doing things do til they no longer need to be done because they don’t own the vehicle anymore or something 🤣

It is possible you have post catalytic converter replacement syndrome and you’re going to need medication, Of course it’s incurable and you’ll have to have regular office visits and be monitored for the remainder of your life. ( I’m making light of the medical industry and their practice of creating disorders that don’t hospitalize anyone but make lifetime low maintenance patients out of people)

Last edited:
Reactions: pagrey
They are considerably more expensive now.

They're very expensive now. I need them but was hesitant to pull the trigger. I bought a MangnaFlow 50899 from Amazon today for $752.80. Everywhere else I looked it was $977.00. Amazon has two left in stock at that price, anyone needing cats may want to pick one up.