Is my Warn M8000 winch compromised? Thanks UPS

Tob

Paint-Matched Bezels Club
Supporting Member
My M8000 showed up today via UPS. The control box was stuck to the winch when I was unpacking the box, then I noticed that it had been impaled by one of the threaded studs sticking out the body of the winch 🤦. I’m guessing I can’t run it like this? The control box needs to stay protected from the elements, right?

C83BDD0F-8EE4-4DC8-9C1C-B035C13F6C6A.jpeg

Contact your shipper and/or the dealer you bought it from to get it replaced. It surely was insured when it shipped. The control box is designed to be fine mounted exposed adjacent to the winch.

Contact Warn they may just send you a cover- i've had great service from them.

X2 to this, they are really good.

As long as the electronics inside aren't damaged, it should work just fine. Pretty easy to find out.

Reactions: Tob
Well, I called Warn customer service the other day and they'll ship out another control box cover for free! It's refreshing to encounter great customer service every once and a while. It's a good thing I went to Warn, because the third party seller still hasn't responded to the email I sent 9 days ago.

Well, I called Warn customer service the other day and they'll ship out another control box cover for free! It's refreshing to encounter great customer service every once and a while. It's a good thing I went to Warn, because the third party seller still hasn't responded to the email I sent 9 days ago.
I would also let Warn know of the sellers inability to respond. Maybee let us know were you bought it so we can go elsewhere.

I would also let Warn know of the sellers inability to respond. Maybee let us know were you bought it so we can go elsewhere.
Stage3motorsports.com

They seem like a small company so I was leaning towards cutting them some slack since they may have been closed for part of the holidays. I’m beginning to doubt I’ll get a return email though.