Is my wiper motor failing?

ThatRed97

So I think my wiper motor is starting to take a crap. It takes about 7-10 seconds to complete a full wipe and that’s wether it’s on full speed or delay wipe or just to wash it. So my question is two parts... first anything I can look at before I replace the motor. Second I noticed the Mopar wiper motor is discontinued So what brand should I go with?

Mine is still drawing power but doesn’t move at all, so I think I’m going to attempt to rebuild it. There’s some good videos on YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

Well great new! Pulled the motor out and found that one of the magnets on the motor broke lose. Cleaned everything up and remounted the magnet with JBweld. Put everything back together and it works perfect now.

Awesome news, thanks for the update! JBWeld SteelStik is one of my favorite "must have" products for my toolbox.

Reactions: ThatRed97
While on the subject of wipers, mine have 2 problems, they will stop in the middle of the windshield and the delay doesn't work at all. Any ideas, I think I saw something before about the not parking right but nothing about the delay feature.