Is there a way to check if my electric lockers are functional or not?

Ok so did a little more digging. Wiring was all jacked up as I expect with any used vehicle especially modified. It has a Eaton E locker in it. From what I have read the Jeep has to be moving slightly to engage the locker. Is that correct since the pin has to slide slightly to engage? I’m hoping so once I get this wired back correctly I can flip the switch pull forward and it should engage. Thoughts?
Yes, the differential needs to rotate in order for lockup to occur, in either direction. You can achieve this by rotating one wheel by hand while tire is off the ground. The vehicle doesn't actually need to be moving though. Make sense?

FWIW, if you use a high quality switch you don't need the relay. I installed mine without a relay and haven't had any issues other than killing a battery once when I bumped the switch while cleaning the interior of the jeep. Came back a couple days later to a dead battery. If you do use a relay I'd suggest finding a switched power source to activate the relay to keep from killing a battery like I did.

From what I have read the Jeep has to be moving slightly to engage the locker. Is that correct since the pin has to slide slightly to engage?
Moving in a straight line won't normally engage a locker, a slight turn or two while moving is the best way to get it to engage as quickly as possible. Think of a groove on one side of the locker and a tongue on the other... if they are, say, 90 degrees from each other, they won't engage and if both sides are moving at the same rate they can't engage. Turn one side faster than the other by making a slight S-turn then that tongue and groove will line up and the two halves can lock together.

Reactions: SvtLdr
FWIW, if you use a high quality switch you don't need the relay. I installed mine without a relay and haven't had any issues other than killing a battery once when I bumped the switch while cleaning the interior of the jeep. Came back a couple days later to a dead battery. If you do use a relay I'd suggest finding a switched power source to activate the relay to keep from killing a battery like I did.
I'd rather install a flip-up safety cover over the top of the switch to prevent that from happening than wire in a relay that adds complexity and more ways for the circuit to fail.

Locker Switches 2.JPG

If not using a relay is the best option and having a switch? Jerry is your diagram originally posted ground to the battery or ground to the chassis?

Just finished my wiring. Skipped the relay and just put in a switch. Works perfect locked them up as soon as I applied power after turning them on. Will note that they don’t clunk into locking. Just as they roll they lock up. Ready to hit the trails this weekend.