Is there any difference between Mopar and NTK O2 sensors?

Fishtaco

TJ Expert
So is there any big difference between Mopar o2,s and NTK,s?
The Mopar o2s for sale at RockAuto for an o6 TJ are classed as USA CND 50 State Emissions or Export Emissions, there is no choice at purchase so I am assuming the same units suit US CND and Export models? My VIN check lists as Export Emissions.

If there is no difference between Mopar and NTKs that you guys have found then the NTK,s I bought from USA should be ok in my Export?

I know i am going on about these o2,s I bought but its pissing me off big time that I cant get a straight answer from experts (outside the forum) but I know Aussies have bought NTK,s for up to and including 05 models from RockAuto. Why am I being told that Australian o2 sensors for a 2006 are different to USA if Mopar ones are for both US and Export?

I am going to contact RockAuto and see if they have any info, I dont just want to swap them out if they are not going to work or throw CEL only to have to put the old ones back "If they survive" :(

Cheers.

NTK is the OEM for Mopar O2 sensors.
Thanks RockAuto lists NTK and Mopar as well as some other varieties, are the Mopar not as good? they are more expensive as well? The Mopar lists include Export Emissions but NTK doesn't, I know people with 2005 and before export TJ,s have had no problem with the USA NTK,s is the 2006 any different to the 2005?

You could get under there and see how tight yours are. I could loosen mine with a wrench so could have taken them out without cutting the leads off, at least you'll know if the process will be reversable 😂

While you're there, check how many sensors you have against the rock Auto listing. If the listing is showing 4 and you have 2 you might need to do some more research. Ive seen on other forums some export models didnt have the 4 sensors later USA TJs had

You could get under there and see how tight yours are. I could loosen mine with a wrench so could have taken them out without cutting the leads off, at least you'll know if the process will be reversable 😂

While you're there, check how many sensors you have against the rock Auto listing. If the listing is showing 4 and you have 2 you might need to do some more research. Ive seen on other forums some export models didnt have the 4 sensors later USA TJs had
So I will check, there is defiantly 2 upstream so not sure why they wouldn't have the downstream given the downstream are the ones that tell if the cats are going bad. also I got the socket with the groove cut out for the wires when I bought theo2,s so wont need to cut the wires.
Maybe I am just overthinking them? they recommend changing every 100000 miles and mine is just sitting on that now.

Last edited:
I'd use a conventional 7/8 socket or box-end wrench to remove them after cutting the wiring off.

The O2 socket with the wiring slot milled into it is usually only strong enough to install a new O2 sensor. The original sensors are usually so seized and hard to get out that a socket with a slot cut into it commonly spreads open at its slot and then spins around on the O2 sensor. The original O2 sensors can take some serious muscle to remove that a slotted socket is not often up to. :)

Reactions: Fishtaco