Is there any difference between Rancho RS5000 and the RS5000X?

Adams2123

Hey guys,
Just wondering if there's any real difference between the rs5000 and the rs5000x? I know there's a difference, I was just wondering if it's a noticeable difference.

Hey guys,
Just wondering if there's any real difference between the rs5000 and the rs5000x? I know there's a difference, I was just wondering if it's a noticeable difference.
Totally different shocks. The RS5000 sucks, very stiff. The RS5000x is great, very smooth riding. The only thing in common between the two are the colors and the RS5000 in the name.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Totally different shocks. The RS5000 sucks, very stiff. The RS5000x is great, very smooth riding. The only thing in common between the two are the colors and the RS5000 in the name.
To add to that the older and far stiffer riding RS5000 is hydraulic and the newer much better riding RS5000X is gas-charged.

Last edited:
Reactions: 89grand
Too add to that the older and far stiffer riding RS5000 is hydraulic and the newer much better riding RS5000X is gas-charged.
That is a technical difference worth noting.

One other thing to note too, if one plans on using Rancho for a steering stabilizer, while unnecessary, if you do and I have one, is to use a RS5000, not an "x" for the stabilizer.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
That is a technical difference worth noting.

One other thing to note too, if one plans on using Rancho for a steering stabilizer, while unnecessary, if you do and I have one, is to use a RS5000, not an "x" for the stabilizer.
X2. Gas-charged shocks, which are always trying to expand, used as steering dampers/stabilizers tend to push the steering towards the left.