Is there anything else I need to buy with OME 2.5" lift?

isaac2098

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
My stock LJ with 80k on the clock is finally ready to see a lift and I have decided to go with a 2.5" OME lift paired with Rancho 5000x shocks. It is my daily but I will be pulling an offroad camping trailer across the country within the next year. I am a novice when it comes to lifts so what else do I need to buy when I buy the coil springs and shocks? I already know I won't need a SYE or transfer case drop because of the longer wheelbase.

Adjustable front track bar and a re-location mount for the rear(axle side). Shouldn’t need adjustable control arms. Correct length bump stops probably aren’t 100% necessary if you don’t plan on doing anything aggressive, but I’d do them just to be safe.

Adjustable control arms and track bars are nice, but not necessary.

If the LJ is the same as the TJ and you use the OME trackbar relocation bracket with their standard 20mm bumpstop extensions, it is likely the bracket will hit the tub. That probably will put just a small dent in the tub, but unfortunately that is where the harness to the gas tank runs, and it can be cut. At the very least you need to move the harness and preferably use larger bumpstop extensions.

Reactions: bobthetj03
While you can technically get by with just shocks and springs, adjustable track bars and the correct sway bar links will improve ride and handling, both on and off road. You will also need the appropriate bump stop extensions in order to keep the shocks from bottoming out.

Having recently installed what is essentially the DPG Ultimate Kit on my ‘05 LJ, it is very much complete, and performs great. I put the kit together myself from a few sources but should have just order from DPG as the cost was about the same.

The biggest advantage with the DPG kit is that you get everything you need, including the correct bump stop extensions. I would not bother with the rear relocation bracket. It requires a 2” bump stop extension and you still end up with an axle that’s not perfectly centered.

My OME kit:

OME 933/942 Springs
OME 60047/60048 Shocks
JKS OGS126 Front Track Bar
JKS OGS151 Rear Track Bar
JKS 2001 Quicker Disconnects
JKS 2942 Rear Sway Bar Links (9” eye to eye)
OME Rear Bump Stop Extentions