Is this a fuel starvation issue?

Thedogsbollocks

TJ Enthusiast
Hi folks...need your help in pointing me in right direction.

my 2006 Rubi has that start issue where when cold cranks over 1st time and doesn’t fire up immediately - then crank 2nd time fires up straight away.
From reading all your posts I believe this is the fuel draining back into tank and I need to replace fuel pump.

my question is: would this issue cause the idle initially to be a bit ‘ lumpy’. When it fires up , just for a few seconds it feels a little rough as if one cylinder is not quite getting it right. This only lasts literally 2 seconds or so. ( If on the 1st crank of ignition I were to let it keep cranking over till it started the lumpiness would be a bit more obvious but again only for those first few seconds). It only happens during those times when the fuel has drained back into tank.

when warm or after that first start of the day everything is smooth and she runs perfect. Very occasionally she thrown a random misfire ( always immediate after this first start of the day ) but if I reset that code it could be months before a code was thrown again , in fact I’ve only ever thrown this random misfire code twice. I recently changed changed plugs for new app 985 and installed a new tps ( mopar) and cleaned throttle body. Mileage is 36k only.

so you guys think this is related to the gas draining issue ?

thanks everyone....

Sounds like a possibility, Just for giggles have you tried the key to the run position hold for a few seconds then off and repeat. This method properly pressurize the fuel system and it should start and run properly after if the pump check valve is on the way out.

Sounds like a possibility, Just for giggles have you tried the key to the run position hold for a few seconds then off and repeat. This method properly pressurize the fuel system and it should start and run properly after if the pump check valve is on the way out.
Yes...that does work. Thx

Thanks for the replies...Just a quick follow up. I noticed today that my CCV vent tube / grommet is not sitting dead flush. See pic.
This wouldn’t cause any of my symptoms would it?
There is nothing venting out anywhere but it doesn’t look like it should fit like this.
Should I replace it?

E57252FF-5C7E-459F-AC7D-9D808C459B74.jpeg

B877C22D-F5CA-4F85-8AC7-B8120748C2ED.jpeg

Im having a similar problem - have to crank it twice before it starts and then there a rough idle - had a misfire #1 - cleared it and it didnt come back but its rough idling.... So following this thread...