Is this an OEM frame and soft top?

Gergg

Hello and thanks for the help......I was going to look at this soft top & frame, but wanted OEM and the seller is not positive that it is factory/OEM. Is there any way to tell from these pics what I am looking at here?
rL29sht.jpg

QyXSlbM.jpg

TKFKrEj.jpg

3Q3r4LN.jpg

I can grab some pictures of my soft top hardware, but that one looks OEM to me. I've never seen an aftermarket soft top that had the windshield channel fixed to the soft top like the OEM tops, just like the one in the picture.

As for the material, others can confirm or deny this, but I'm pretty sure Bestop slaps a logo on the rear window of their tops. Not sure about other brands though.

I can grab some pictures of my soft top hardware, but that one looks OEM to me. I've never seen an aftermarket soft top that had the windshield channel fixed to the soft top like the OEM tops, just like the one in the picture.

As for the material, others can confirm or deny this, but I'm pretty sure Bestop slaps a logo on the rear window of their tops. Not sure about other brands though.
Appreciate the help, pics might be helpful for comparison sake?? here is the back of the soft top
YrgrTjn.jpg

Some of the other guys may be able to give some tips on identifying OEM vs Aftermarket soft top material. I sure wish I still had mine. I enjoyed it more than my hardtop. But, if I did I could snap some pictures of it. All of the hardware I do have. I can grab some pictures later, but my gut feeling is that it is an OEM top. Everything looks identical to mine. The windshield channel I believe is the key indicator. Aftermarket uses cheaply looking, unattached channels. Much different than my OEM. And the one in the picture looks like mine does.

Assuming it is OEM and in good condition, would $250 be a fair price for soft top & Frame? The owner is holding it for me if I want it.

Reactions: bedhed
Assuming it is OEM and in good condition, would $250 be a fair price for soft top & Frame? The owner is holding it for me if I want it.

I think that's a good price if the windows are in good unscratched condition. Maybe see if you can get it for 200-225?

Look for a very small cloth tag with the manufacturer's name sewn into one of the seams in the top. I don't think I've ever not seen that tag sewn into a soft top type product.

I can't really comment on the frame, but with regards to the soft top, you can also check the bottom corners of the vinyl windows. When I got my LJ, it came with a toasted top (thanks, AZ). After cleaning it a bit, I noticed the Bestop branding (pic below). Also, as @Jerry Bransford mentioned, my top had a small cloth tag sewn into it on the top rear passenger side.

InkedIMG_20191206_085911_LI.jpg

I ended up buying a complete soft top afterwards from someone who ordered the dual top option from the factory. The "solvay draka" and other stuff is still there, but not the Bestop branding.

Considering the cost of an aftermarket soft top alone, not including the hardware (and OEM at that), I thing that's a good price. As long as the stitching is intact, including the velcro stitching, and the zippers aren't buggered up.

I can't really comment on the frame, but with regards to the soft top, you can also check the bottom corners of the vinyl windows. When I got my LJ, it came with a toasted top (thanks, AZ). After cleaning it a bit, I noticed the Bestop branding (pic below). Also, as @Jerry Bransford mentioned, my top had a small cloth tag sewn into it on the top rear passenger side.

View attachment 131944

I ended up buying a complete soft top afterwards from someone who ordered the dual top option from the factory. The "solvay draka" and other stuff is still there, but not the Bestop branding.
Good stuff, will look into this too.

Thanks, it all looks very similar, the only piece that doesn't seem to show up in your pics is this one
View attachment 131958
Yep haha. Those are down a bit deeper and harder to get to for a picture. I can tell you without a doubt that they are identical. Not that it's a huge loss if they don't, but I'd check to see if they have the OE bolts that secure those onto your roll bar's metal tabs.

IMG_20200101_150949180.jpg

Yep haha. Those are down a bit deeper and harder to get to for a picture. I can tell you without a doubt that they are identical. Not that it's a huge loss if they don't, but I'd check to see if they have the OE bolts that secure those onto your roll bar's metal tabs.
Cool, thanks a LOT!!