Is this frame photo cause for concern?

sourbluff

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I’m asking for more and better photos but enough from just this to raise concern?

58A8BACB-8DC1-42B3-AF2A-65F5F07AE770.jpeg

Thanks that’s what I thought too. Nice of the guy to put on lift and pull tire for clear pic but isn’t going to help sell jeep to me.

Thanks that’s what I thought too. Nice of the guy to put on lift and pull tire for clear pic but isn’t going to help sell jeep to me.

I agree, at least he isn't trying to hide anything, but that is far more than surface rust I can see there, which means it's likely hiding in a lot of other places too.

You definitely need more pics than that. If that’s all the corrosion seen, I would get it, take a metal brush to it and put some good zinc primer and paint on it. The axles aren’t very rusty, or the brake hats, I wouldn’t be worried at all yet.

Need more pics but also say it looks fine to me

I would take a look in person myself. If it wasn’t critical, I would definitely consider buying it.

That looks far from irreparable, but it will likely need a bit of work. Could be anywhere from blasting it with fluid film and forgetting about it to spring cup replacement. Most likely a sand and paint job.

If you go look at it (or any Jeep), take one of those expandable magnet pens and stick it through the holes in the frame. See what it pulls out.