Is this fuel line connector toast?

RobertJ

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Hey guys, while removing some rust in the back while my fuel tank is out I accidentally ran my angle grinder across the plastic connector of my metal fuel line. It is pretty much toast. From research I know these fuel lines aren't readily available. Is it possible to just replace the plastic connector?

20191212_105400.jpg

Thanks in advance for any info.

I'm not sure I see it in the photo.

If anyone knew where to get those connectors, it would be @mrblaine. He always surprises me with the random bits and pieces he's found over the years. That and he knows the name of all these little parts. I'm not even sure what you call that, but I'll bet he knows.

Hey guys, while removing some rust in the back while my fuel tank is out I accidentally ran my angle grinder across the plastic connector of my metal fuel line. It is pretty much toast. From research I know these fuel lines aren't readily available. Is it possible to just replace the plastic connector?

View attachment 128968

Thanks in advance for any info.
I don't see any aspect of the gray fuel line retainer that is deficient. The key parts that affect the function are the two little locking tabs and the 4 legs they attach to. The sealing is done via o-ring inside the fuel line connector. The pic isn't clear but if you nicked the stainless fuel line where the o-ring seals, it will leak so inspect that for good clean smooth surface.

I don't see any aspect of the gray fuel line retainer that is deficient. The key parts that affect the function are the two little locking tabs and the 4 legs they attach to. The sealing is done via o-ring inside the fuel line connector. The pic isn't clear but if you nicked the stainless fuel line where the o-ring seals, it will leak so inspect that for good clean smooth surface.

You can't tell from the pic, but one tab is hanging on by a thread.

Reactions: Blondie70