Is this normal movement of the JKS adjustable trackbar?

Fortzen1305

I turned into a parking stall and had my wheels all the way turned and got out. I decided to take a look at the suspension and noticed this at the trackbar. Is this normal movement?
20211120_114015.jpg

Then I don't what is in that photo you're asking about. That end of the track bar has a ball joint inside so it it can move/rotate appropriately as the axle moves up and down.

Then I don't what is in that photo you're asking about. That end of the track bar has a ball joint inside so it it can move/rotate appropriately as the axle moves up and down.
That's what I was getting at. Been doing a lot of tightening and tune up on my jeep and had never noticed the end of the track bar separate from the axle like that. Thanks for answering.

Last edited:
Normal. Some people are intentional about the position of the barrel of that joint because it can determine how far you can stuff before the pumpkin meets the bar. You can adjust it by setting the position you want when you tighten the jam nut on the other end. Yours is probably good because it'll probably go straight vertical and push the bar the farthest forward right when the Diff cover tries to slip behind it.

Normal. Some people are intentional about the position of the barrel of that joint because it can determine how far you can stuff before the pumpkin meets the bar. You can adjust it by setting the position you want when you tighten the jam nut on the other end. Yours is probably good because it'll probably go straight vertical and push the bar the farthest forward right when the Diff cover tries to slip behind it.
Awesome man. Thank you for the detailed response.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low