Is this too much rust?

Nice find, congrats. Curious what is considered high mileage for the seller to sell that low? If you find another one like this, let me know! (kind of looking for my son). There are not many rust free Jeeps found up here , so something like this would easily go for 10-12k, even if it had 150k on the OD. After that though, the price would likely come down quite a bit due to trans and engine rebuild considerations etc. (if it's stock and not rebuilt already). Either way, a rust free Rubicon in good condition for that price is a steal!

It has 205k on the clock. Replaced TCase mount, rebuild front axle (pinion bearing slop) and got rid of the trans case drop by installing new rear DS and adjustable control arms. Also added new tires. Wasn't needed though. Runs like a champ and it works well on the trails, the main reason I bought it. It's got its Knicks and dings here and there that doesn't show in the photo but perfect for what I wanted.

Reactions: mots and reddvltj
Oh man that's a killer deal! I'm also curious about the mileage. Nice rig!

I had a hard time believing it at first. Seen the add (it was at a dealership), called immediately and asked for 100 frame pics. Checked good, confirmed a rubicon and put a deposit down to hold it till I got there the following day. I asked them why it was so cheap and they said these dont sell well around here. I said anytime you get a 5600 rubicon, call me and I'll buy all of them.

Reactions: reddvltj
Didn't expect so many responses, thank you all! I'll pass on this and keep looking. Thanks for keeping me from spending my evenings battling frame rust.

You can do better for the money! Try looking in the southern or western states. I'm in the Upper Ohio Valley and found one in Arizona through Enterprise Rent A Car. One year old, 18,000 miles, no rust for $14,000 below the Original sticker price and didn't have to pay new car taxes either.

You can do better for the money! Try looking in the southern or western states. I'm in the Upper Ohio Valley and found one in Arizona through Enterprise Rent A Car. One year old, 18,000 miles, no rust for $14,000 below the Original sticker price and didn't have to pay new car taxes either.

How on earth is this even remotely relevant to the purchase of a TJ in 2019 hahaha