Is your WranglerFix PCM still working?

The unique thing about the Wranglerfix PCM compared to all other PCMs available is that they use a non-TJ core. I imagine the source is a trade secret, but the core source PCM is not known for the issues that TJ PCMs are known for.

So they shouldn't be subject to the same problems as the TJ PCMs.

I know who he is. My tech told him “nicely” several times that the skim delete in his LS swap wasn’t going to work. And it didn’t. Twice.

He proceeds to tell my tech that he doesn’t know how to delete skim which promptly got him a go f@ck yourself!

He sounded like the little fellow that spoke after Lincoln in Gettysburg. A little honorary, cantankerous and most likely doesn’t buy green bananas.

Howdy Folks:

Late to the party, but thought I'd chime in here — I bought a replacement PCM from Mark @Wranglerfix in late 2020 — It solved all the problems that my newly inherited '05 Wrangler was having (except for the bouncing speedometer needle); Needless to say shifting suddenly became a dream, and highway driving was possible.

Starting about December 2022, the Jeep started exhibiting some rando error codes, sporadic shifting issues, etc. It was off and on for a while, but disconnecting/reconnecting everything seemed to fix things up (clearing out the electronic fuzz?). At any rate, symptoms came back, and I finally knuckled down and gave WranglerFix a call.

They couldn't send me a loaner, and of course I was out of warranty, so I ponied up for a new one — which they kindly sent on the quick, along with a return label for the first one. Haven't heard back from them yet regarding status of the one I sent back. Fingers crossed it can be diagnosed/fixed and returned as a backup.

I should note that the new PCM came with a snazzy hot-rod paint job :)

Patrick

PS: I remember spending a long time on the phone with Mark in 2020. Good conversationalist!

Last edited: