It arrived!

CybrSlydr

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a coworker who is big into mountain biking and other outdoorsy stuff. So we talked about me getting a mountain bike. Something I've wanted to do for a while, but it's always been too expensive. Couple weeks ago, a mutual friend/coworker of ours bought one and I was suddenly the odd man out. lol

So I ordered a Giant Talon 1 29 in a Large frame and also ordered a dropper post to go with it.

Since today was payday, I decided to go to the shop to which it was being delivered to buy a helmet and some gloves so I'd be ready when it arrived and they assembled it.

Guess what was assembled and waiting for me when I got there?

Went out and rode it today and HOLY SHIT, I'm out of shape. Got about 15min in before my legs were like that guy on Spongebob.

spongebob-meme-spongebob.gif

So, time to start getting my butt more comfortable on this and really work on my conditioning so I can head up on the mountain with my coworkers (the other newbie is really out of shape too) and not look like a complete idiot. lol

52073238524_5771b940ff_k.jpg

52071963022_631ba0346a_k.jpg

52073490660_0146ca99e2_k.jpg

52071962817_7beb0edf49_k.jpg

52073012496_65de918b84_k.jpg

Last edited:
Good stuff! I got into mountain biking a couple years ago. First mtn bike was a scott, now I have a santa cruz chameleon 27.5+. Definitely always a good time and the trails will let you know how out of shape you are! Just got mine out for the first time this year to ride a rail trail with the wife. Lets just say 28 miles later I was paying for it!

Side note, I see you are in Casper. I bought my LJR in Casper a little over 5 years ago. Flew out and drove it back to PA.

Good stuff! I got into mountain biking a couple years ago. First mtn bike was a scott, now I have a santa cruz chameleon 27.5+. Definitely always a good time and the trails will let you know how out of shape you are! Just got mine out for the first time this year to ride a rail trail with the wife. Lets just say 28 miles later I was paying for it!

Side note, I see you are in Casper. I bought my LJR in Casper a little over 5 years ago. Flew out and drove it back to PA.
I am originally from SE Ohio - mom is from a suburb of Pittsburgh. :)

I did something similar, flew to Dallas with my brother to get my TJR and drove back to Ohio in it. :D