It makes me so mad...

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
When you're selling something for let's say $300, and then people start calling you up saying, "Hey, will you take $100 for it?".

Sure, I understand making me an offer like $270 or something, but seriously, $200 less?

I put FIRM, FIRM, FIRM! in my Craigslist ads but no one apparently pays attention to that.

I had a guy today call me up and say (and I quote), "Hey, you wanna have a fire sale on that part you're selling today? I'll give you $80 for it.". I told the guy that I'd rather sit on it for a year than sell it for such a low price.

People really piss me off in that way sometimes. I mean you're selling something brand new for much cheaper than it costs to buy it from the retailer for, yet they still want something for nothing.

Ugh... Rant over! Gotta love Craigslist, right?

One of my bigger pet peeves. I typically tell them I will cut it up and throw it in the trash before I sell it for less than it's worth. The bad part of that is I've done just that several times just to prove I'd do it.

Sounds like something I would honestly do just to prove a point.

I told this one guy I would sit on it for 10 years if I had to since it wasn't taking up any space.

Really pisses me off some of these guys on Craigslist. They are even looking for deals, they're looking for giveaways basically.

I can say I some times will low ball, mainly cuz I'm on a tight budget, or if it says make offer. But it's always 75% of what their asking. And as long as it's used and not new.

I hate will you trade when I'm not looking for a trade. I've lost a cap load of $ on CL and made a bunch.

Sounds like something I would honestly do just to prove a point.

I told this one guy I would sit on it for 10 years if I had to since it wasn't taking up any space.

Really pisses me off some of these guys on Craigslist. They are even looking for deals, they're looking for giveaways basically.
I use the Milwaukee 18v Fuel cordless tools. I found a pair new in package local to me on CL when I was cruising the tool section. Sent the email, said I was interested, were they still available?

He gets back and says they are so we do the where, when and how dance via email. On a whim, I check the price on Amazon and find that I can get them in the same condition for about 15 bucks less and never have to leave my desk to get them on the way. I send an email to the guy and tell him what I found which starts him on a tirade about me being a low baller and basically a scumbag. He accuses me of making crap up to lowball him so I send him the link to them on Amazon and he's still grumpy with me and all I was asking him to do was drop his price to theirs and I'd still drive to meet him. I bought them on Amazon. The Amazon price wasn't special except for the free 2 day shipping and after digging around, I actually found them cheaper than Amazon with longer ship times.

Atypical though, if I see something that is decently priced, I either buy it at that price or pass. Worst that I normally do is ask if they is a better price available and if they say no, I either pay or walk.

I was selling a nice Yamaha Tri-Moto this summer for $600.00 on local Craigslist, and had scammers from over 2000 miles away texting me asking for information as to where to send the money to, and would have their shipper pick it up. I text back to one in California telling him once his check clears, I would ride it to Cali. for 10 bucks more. He never got back to me.

I get the scammers all the time!

I was selling my old BMW M3 for $14,500 which was a better price than any of them on Craigslist with a clean title. I said my price was absolutely firm and I wouldn't budge a penny. Had a guy call me up and say, "I'll give you 10k cash money today", I told him to go fuck off.

Sold my YJ... asked $3500. Buyer came. I drove it. He said hows $3000. I hesitated...
He said I'll write the cheque now. DONE !!

CASH, in person talks.
On the phone... I only tell them my address. I have never sold anything without meeting to the buyer.

Reactions: StG58 and Chris