It's tax time (i.e. Jeep part shopping time)

Boinked

TJ Expert
Well it was until........
images (1).jpeg

Nope, definitely not (y)
Damn, I've been circling waiting for it.
But, a guy at works father passed and has a stock one owner 04 Rubicon. He said he'd give me first dibs on it, he was going to sell it for $8k until I told him he was too low. Told him I want first look when he gets all the paperwork ready. There is a chance I'll still get it for that, he will sell to others I believe for $12+. I told him to price it at $18 and negotiate from there, he didn't believe me until he started looking at the stock Rubicon market. I don't need it, but for that price I'm not going to pass it up, wife should be happy to have two Jeeps; right?

• Wow
Reactions: Wildman
Damn, I've been circling waiting for it.
But, a guy at works father passed and has a stock one owner 04 Rubicon. He said he'd give me first dibs on it, he was going to sell it for $8k until I told him he was too low. Told him I want first look when he gets all the paperwork ready. There is a chance I'll still get it for that, he will sell to others I believe for $12+. I told him to price it at $18 and negotiate from there, he didn't believe me until he started looking at the stock Rubicon market. I don't need it, but for that price I'm not going to pass it up, wife should be happy to have two Jeeps; right?

Haha, it goes to Blaine's next week for a ton of good stuff, so I don't see myself selling it anytime soon.

It sounds like you may have a lead on a solid Rubicon though. If you can get it for 8k that's an absolute steal.

I'm sure your wife will be happy when you're twice as broke :LOL:

If you did your W-4 correctly, you shouldn't have to do either. I usually get $4-23 back; the shit-bags in the government don't need a free loan.
After 20 + years of refunds ... unfortunately i under estimated the amount of money I was going to make this year. Add a bonus and it shot us well over what i predicted. The only saving grace was my wife got hit with a 10% reduction for most of the year or it could have been much worse.

Now its time to readjust the w4

After 20 + years of refunds ... unfortunately i under estimated the amount of money I was going to make this year. Add a bonus and it shot us well over what i predicted. The only saving grace was my wife got hit with a 10% reduction for most of the year or it could have been much worse.

Now its time to readjust the w4
My wife gets paid by 1099, that makes things hard to estimate for. She's the one I have to account for, my pay I would get a refund, but I have to account for those 1099s.
Being an adult sucks, I want to go back to wondering what is going to happen on my Saturday cartoons.

Shower Idea: @Chris, can you turn this forum into a religious organization?

If you did your W-4 correctly, you shouldn't have to do either. I usually get $4-23 back; the shit-bags in the government don't need a free loan.
I feel the same way. I try to dial it in to where it's about $500 either way.

My wife gets paid by 1099, that makes things hard to estimate for. She's the one I have to account for, my pay I would get a refund, but I have to account for those 1099s.
Being an adult sucks, I want to go back to wondering what is going to happen on my Saturday cartoons.

Shower Idea: @Chris, can you turn this forum into a religious organization?

Yep, I get paid entirely by 1099 as well, so I understand this. The only reason I owe this year is because there was someone who ended up sending me a 1099 when they said they wouldn't, so I'm a bit pissed about that. Normally I pay just enough to get maybe $100 back from the IRS at the end of the year.

A religious organization, haha. Not a bad idea! Non-profit ;)

I fill out my W4 to get a $500-$1000 refund, just to have a buffer for any surprises. I have a pretty detailed spreadsheet and usually hit it pretty well on the mark but some things happened this year that threw my estimate off.

I bought my house in March so I counted on 10 months of interest, but I refinanced in October and didn't have payments in November and December, and I neglected that the first half of the years property tax payment was already paid, so I was planning to deduct the whole year. I also apparently overestimated the size of the home office deduction being my first year to use it. So there's a few hundred in all that stuff.

Almost a third of my income is bonus (guaranteed) and my employer had some issues getting the withholding correct. So I filled out my W4 assuming that portion of my income was withheld at 22% but about half of the checks were applied to the standard bimonthly table instead, so I was underwithheld. When it happened I put the money aside in case I ended up owing at tax time, but it still stings.

Either one of those could have happened and still left me owing close to zero, but the combination of the 2 looks like it's going to put me about $1k in hole. Which means this year, tax time is mid April instead of early February.

I'm dreading this tax season. Not only was I getting severance from the job, and collecting my social security, I sold my house, and will be stuck with capital gains. I'm figuring about an $75K bill, but my tax guy said it should be less.

God, I'm hoping!

Haha, it goes to Blaine's next week for a ton of good stuff, so I don't see myself selling it anytime soon.

It sounds like you may have a lead on a solid Rubicon though. If you can get it for 8k that's an absolute steal.

I'm sure your wife will be happy when you're twice as broke :LOL:
You dropping it off or having it shipped?

For me its time to halt Jeep spending and focus on the massive beating I am going to get when I file. Plus I am fitting out my camper, and will need thousands in parts for it. Just ordered my cabinets and counter top $1000, water heater, tank, plumbing, pumps, electrical $800. Flooring was $350, heading to buy lumber today to build the bed and frame in some partition walls and shelving. Needs to start a camper build thread I guess. If I could only remember to take more pictures...

I haven't gotten money back from the government in like 10 years. We tend to owe like 500-2000 depending on sizes of bonus etc.

It's all good though, we just set aside a couple hundred a month to save for taxes... the money then earns interest while it sits.