JasonInMass - JGM06TJR

JasonInMass

Ima dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude
Supporting Member
Hey guys, first let me thank everyone for sharing their knowledge. This forum has been a huge help and I have learned so much, in such a short amount of time. Here is a quick "before the sale" picture from back in August and how it sits today. Initially, I struggled to get it past inspection in Massachusetts because of the lift and opted to go with the Clayton 4 inch long arm kit to lower it a bit. Since it came with a long arm kit, my options were limited but it feels so much more dialed in now and I'm very pleased with the outcome. Other than the lift, I've just been working on cosmetics and other smaller things to clear inspection. Its also been a learning experience trying to understand or undo some of what the previous owners have done.

Quick list of what I've done so far:
  • Took the angry grill off within seconds of getting it home
  • Replaced RC long arm kit with 4 inch Clayton long arm kit
  • Ditched the flat flares and went back to the OEM look
  • New hardware and refinished the rock rails
  • Replaced the non DOT/compliant headlights
  • Installed a third brake light and wiring/connection terminals
  • Replaced instrument cluster bulbs with LED's
  • Blew out that damn cowl drain (highly recommended)
  • Replaced the turn signal lights
Next up - I have new carpet and a blower motor resistor on the way. Thanks again and I'll keep everyone posted on my progress.

06TJR.presale.JPG
06TJR.Dec20.jpg

Nice looking TJ! Love the color. Congrats. First off, I applaud your move of taking the angry grill off right away. Hate those things. And going back to the OEM fenders as well. Going to start my build in a couple of months. What lift kit is on your Jeep and size rims and tires are you running?

Nice work. Looks 10x better with just the grill removed lol. I also like the factory flares over flat ones. What third brake light are you running?

Nice looking TJ! Love the color. Congrats. First off, I applaud your move of taking the angry grill off right away. Hate those things. And going back to the OEM fenders as well. Going to start my build in a couple of months. What lift kit is on your Jeep and size rims and tires are you running?
Thanks! That’s a Clayton Off-road 4” long arm kit with 33x12.5’s on 15’s.

Nice work. Looks 10x better with just the grill removed lol. I also like the factory flares over flat ones. What third brake light are you running?
Thanks. I played it safe and went with the aftermarket one from Quadratec to pass inspection. I’m hesitant to recommend as it was a bit too pricey for metal bracket holding a $6 led. But it does it’s job. I scored the wire harness from eBay and the contact button terminals from the junkyard. 😁

B5EAE8F4-CF29-436D-9F95-AC2B0B87EA55.jpeg

C912E25A-8E70-4CA5-BFA7-08A315AF6A7E.jpeg

Reactions: TWiG01
Thanks. I played it safe and went with the aftermarket one from Quadratec to pass inspection. I’m hesitant to recommend as it was a bit too pricey for metal bracket holding a $6 led. But it does it’s job. I scored the wire harness from eBay and the contact button terminals from the junkyard. 😁

View attachment 214151

View attachment 214152
Looks good. I may go that route because I’ve been running without one for a few years and figure it’s only a matter of time before I get pulled over or rear ended. Fortunately I have the contacts and factory wiring still.

Reactions: JasonInMass