Jeep bouncing

Tylib

Hi everyone! Just got an LJ which had a slight wheel shake around 40-45 mph. Got the tires balanced and ever since then I still have the shake but at those speeds it feels like parts underneath the Jeep are bouncing.. It's hard to explain but it's right in the front under the gas pedal. I am wondering if they messed something up balancing the tires or this just so happened to occur as soon as I got it back. Any information would help!

It's very common for tire shops to do a lousy job of balancing tires, especially larger ones like your 33s. Swap that left front tire with the spare and see what happens. And check the shock absorber by bouncing that left front corner.

Reactions: Cooper Smith
Or a bent rim, especially with steel ones, although I can't tell what yours are from the photo. Jack it up and give it a spin, see if it runs true.

Reactions: Cooper Smith
Hi everyone! Just got an LJ which had a slight wheel shake around 40-45 mph. Got the tires balanced and ever since then I still have the shake but at those speeds it feels like parts underneath the Jeep are bouncing.. It's hard to explain but it's right in the front under the gas pedal. I am wondering if they messed something up balancing the tires or this just so happened to occur as soon as I got it back. Any information would help!

Where did you get it balanced? Take it to Discount Tire and have them road force balanced. Jeep SFA setups really need a good balance to stay in equilibrium.

Speed dependent vibes could also be a u-joint.

Where did you get it balanced? Take it to Discount Tire and have them road force balanced. Jeep SFA setups really need a good balance to stay in equilibrium.

Speed dependent vibes could also be a u-joint.

They were done at a Jeep dealership because I couldn't lose any specialty off road shops around my area. It did not have the feeling before I brought it in. It feels like something is loose underneath causing everything to bounce right by where the gas pedal is if that makes sense. Before getting them balanced it was just the slight wheel shake but after getting to 50 mph it was smooth again

They were done at a Jeep dealership because I couldn't lose any specialty off road shops around my area. It did not have the feeling before I brought it in. It feels like something is loose underneath causing everything to bounce right by where the gas pedal is if that makes sense. Before getting them balanced it was just the slight wheel shake but after getting to 50 mph it was smooth again

Check u-joints.