Jeep compliments from strangers

Here the conversation I have when people see my Jeep.
1. "Cool Jeep, What year is it?"
2. "A 2004? Man she's in great shape."
3. "How many miles?"
4. "42,000 original? Wow! You want to sell it?"

That's the end every time or it's followed by a story of a Jeep they had. I used to own a rare BMW sports car and people would look at it but not come up and talk to me. My Jeep is just the opposite, everyone comes up and starts a conversation.

Reactions: AndyG and KCsTJ
I don't know about you guys, but whenever I shake hands with a TJ driver and his palm is as soft as a baby's cheek, I do not have much of a descent conversation but to say nice jeep you got.
But if he has this kind-of KO2 threaded-side-walled-palms, then we can go on and on with a somewhat constructive waste of our time talking about jeeps.

I was sitting at a stop light in Santa Barbara, typical SB weather so top down, etc. and a guy waiting to cross yells "Nice Jeep Bro, really clean" He asked what year and then told me he had an old refurbished Bronco (forgot what yr he said).

Reactions: KCsTJ
I was sitting at a stop light in Santa Barbara, typical SB weather so top down, etc. and a guy waiting to cross yells "Nice Jeep Bro, really clean" He asked what year and then told me he had an old refurbished Bronco (forgot what yr he said).
You "forget" what year your Branco is?? "Refurbished" huh ??? That sure tells you alot right there.

I pulled into the auto parts store the other day and parked my LJ next to a clean, very original looking, 79 Chevy k10 pick up driven by an older guy, (like me.) One of the employees, a young man, early 20’s, walks by a says, “You old guys rock some of the coolest rides.” Lol!

I've actually traveled to China quite a few times the past two years and they love Jeeps over there! Haven't seen but one or two TJ's but the JK's are surprisingly common and enhanced as well - lifts, winches, etc. So Commies like Jeeps too!

Reactions: AndyG
Today i see this pretty black Wrangler JK in Plano so I speed up to catch it and we both get stopped at.a red light intersection, front row, and the windows are down cuz it a.nice day and it's a single female.

So of course I say "nice jeep".
And she says, "I like yours better".
Well I didn't expect.that, she's driving a JK and compliments my jeep? Wow.
So we chatted till the light turned green and off we went, I did compliment her back btw... 😁
... I mean her jeep, not her back! 🤤

Since you all are wondering what she complimented, here's a shameless pic of my jeep.😎
20190311_170414.jpg

I’m in the same boat although in my case it’s not really a surprise. Nothing too special except maybe the sage brush pinstripes.
Man I get compliments all the time... Of course I know I'm looking for them.

I think my KC smiley faces get a lot of attention.... I've had people chase me down at the Sonic who were driving JK's

I've had people get alongside me in traffic and start yelling nice jeep

I've also just had people get alongside me in traffic and just start yelling. Hmmm

Mine looks a little retro so I'm pretty sure that has something to do with it... It reminds you of what you saw in the eighties and nineties a little bit.

I think Jeeps are one of the most universally liked vehicles. I really get tickled when little bitty fellers start pointing at it. A child's view of things is usually a pretty honest human standpoint.