Jeep cut out and now won’t start

Jeep Nurse 15

I was driving from work the other night and my jeep just stalled, I thought at first I was going too slow for the gear I was in, so I downshifted...it still acted
like it was out of gas, NOPE...1/2 tank. It just stalled and wont start back. Turns over, there are not any panel lights on ( CHECK ENGINE, BRAKES, GAS CAP,ect ) just
turns over and will NOT start back, any suggestions as to what this might be>>> I'm seriously frustrated. It only has 38000 miles on it.

Hmm sounds like ecu [emoji848] any history of electrical issues? Check fuses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you assuming it has a half of tank because the dash gauge says so? It's never a bad idea to add a few gallons in case your gauge is malfunctioning.

Temperature there ?

Might be ice crystals in the gas ?

instant $2.00 fix..... well maybe 5 minute fix.

Last edited:
I was driving from work the other night and my jeep just stalled, I thought at first I was going too slow for the gear I was in, so I downshifted...it still acted
like it was out of gas, NOPE...1/2 tank. It just stalled and wont start back. Turns over, there are not any panel lights on ( CHECK ENGINE, BRAKES, GAS CAP,ect ) just
turns over and will NOT start back, any suggestions as to what this might be>>> I'm seriously frustrated. It only has 38000 miles on it.
By no lights do you mean just no Check Engine, brake light, etc. lights on but the gauges and other lights work ok? If those are all Ok I'd be suspicious of the Crankshaft Position Sensor which provides the engine's master timing signal. When the CPS goes kaput, so does the engine. The CPS is mounted where the transmission bolts to the engine up high on the driver's side. First try unplugging/reseating its connector first though. That can sometimes get it working again though usually not for long.