Jeep Fails

Serbonze

TJ Neophyte
Supporting Member
Is there a Jeep Fails post? I searched and nothing came up in my search terms, but I don't want to start a new thread if not necessary.

Allright . . . I'll self-admit . . . This is why you don't run hyper-shackles. At least it got me sort-of on the cover of a 4WD Parts magazine cover.

1B9EB454-767D-4873-AE5A-EC65916A39FC.JPG

Pristine shackles on the bumper too.
If they're like 90% of the shackles I've tried to open to actually use on the trail, the shackle pin was screwed in so tight and/or corroded in place from lack of use that they couldn't open the shackle up to attach the tow strap to. Which is one reason I tell people to not store their shackles permanently on their bumpers... despite how cool some think it looks.

If they're like 90% of the shackles I've tried to open to actually use on the trail, the shackle pin was screwed in so tight and/or corroded in place from lack of use that they couldn't open the shackle up to attach the tow strap to. Which is one reason I tell people to not store their shackles permanently on their bumpers... despite how cool some think it looks.
Yup, here's my solution -
Titan 216-2.jpg
Titan 216-2.jpg

Made a lot of those in the shipyard. Very cool and useful tool.

A fid, a crescent wrench and a little welding and you had a very useful tool.

Which reminds me...I need one for the TJ.

Reactions: UpperMI
Reactions: StG58
I made three different sizes. Sure beats loosing a finger trying to align something up. Pry around with one of those things and then pop a bolt in an adjacent hole. Repeat as necessary. Busting shackles loose. Adjusting jack screws to align plate. Lots of uses. And you could carry one in a loop on your belt.

Reactions: UpperMI
^^^^ The video probably doesn't truly show the steepness but, that was a weird looking roll over. Poor LJ is hammered.