Jeep half door upper options?

My half doors are Mopar and my uppers are Mopar as far as I know. They came as a set from a unmolested TJ. Got lucky. They don't leak at all in any weather and they fit great. Rather loud at 75mph however. lol

Without hijacking the thread, could I ask for the opinion of those who have the soft uppers? How well do they seal, meaning at the door surround? Do you have to tweak them for a perfect fit?

Actually, I am glad you asked this. I am checking out those sliders today or tomorrow probably and am going to really look at the seal. I just assumed they would fit great, but maybe not. If not, I won't buy them.

I have had half doors and soft windows on my Jeep since I got it 8 years ago. I've replaced the soft windows twice because the plastic got too scratched or a zipper broke. The key is keeping the windows clean with a wet towel and never rubbing the dirt into the plastic. They seal perfectly.

Half doors are the best option offroad IMO because they let you lean to see more in front of you while keeping you in the Jeep. The upper plastic windows are awesome because they open and close easily and give you a way better opening than the sliders. I use a binder clip to hold the plastic window if I want to open it only half way, which adds some versatility.

A pair of new soft windows can be had for about $75 on eBay.

Ripley has a great AC and the half cab makes it cool even better so I’ll run full hard doors until things cool down. Then I’ll put on my hard half doors that I’ve just bought until I get cold then swap them around again. I never had half or soft doors on my old Cj8, usually ran no doors except when it was cold or wet. My Scrambler didn’t have ac. Never took the hard top off. To me it’s all about being comfortable.

Well I picked up those sliders for $60. They are quieter since I rode home with them on. You can see better with real windows. I like them fine, but the color is way off. I'll have to mess around with that.