Jeep pulling hard to left when braking

uhgordo

Supporting Member
Jeep pulling hard to left when braking...any tips or tricks I should look for?? (warped rotors??) and should I maybe upgrade to Blaine’s Big Brake Kit?? Braking seems to be fine under normal braking. Any suggestions would be helpful...thanks!!

Are you using BMB pads? If they’re not correctly broken in, they could result in uneven braking. You could also have a partially seized or defective caliper.

I would start with a full brake flush to see if it makes a difference. Check to see if there’s any oil contamination on any of the rotors. If you’re using BMB pads, repeat the break in procedure. Check to see if any of the calipers are seized.

Warped rotors will generally cause a pulsing vibration when braking.

As to the big brake kit, it would be a great upgrade, though whether it is necessary is another question. Assuming you’re running 33s per your profile, a 15” BBK would likely work great, but may also be overkill depending on your driving habits, vehicle weight, and terrain. Personally, I would install one. Alternatively, BMB pads would be a good first option to start with, if you don’t need a full on kit yet. Be sure to ask @mrblaine himself before buying

Last edited:
Reactions: uhgordo
IF your Jeep is pulling to the left I would suggest doing an inspection of the front and rear brakes; sounds like your left brake assembly is engaging, but the right brake assembly is not....

Reactions: uhgordo
I would do some simple diagnostics first. It's probably a problem with the front brakes.

Drive around for 20 minutes or so then get out feel each rim near the center. Your right front caliper might be dragging which will make that rim noticeably hotter than the others.

If the left front is hotter than the others, the right front is not grabbing which could be the caliper or a brake line.

A flush is a probably a good idea regardless of the root cause but I would try to diagnose the problem before trying to cure it.