Jeep Pulls to drivers side when braking

ufatbasted

My rig started pulling to the drivers side when braking. Repalced the passenger caliper and it still pulls.

When I brake hard at say 30MP I hear a tire skid on the passenger side. could it be an issue with passenger rear drum brake?

Jeep drives straight and true when not braking. Also when it pulls the steering wheel doesn't turn .

70% of the braking forces cause from the front wheels, not likely the drum brakes causing the issue. I can speak from recent experience when I broke my brake line, pinched off the driver's side that it pulled hard to the passenger (opposite of you) side, which is dangerous if you need to brake quickly, so I towed home.
It sounds like your front brakes don't have the same braking force for whatever reason. Is it the pads or are you not getting hydraulic pressure to the front passenger side?

My PO did a hack job 4" lift on my Jeep.

The brake lines on the front were defacto limiting straps. Nor are they supposed to have stretch marks.

I'd look at everything carefully and replace things in pairs.

Also check unit bearings and control arm, steering and track bar bolts.

Mine pulled right until I did a 4.88 swap...gutted the axles and replaced everything. Can't say enough about Mr Blaine's pads and rotors... Black Magic Brakes.

-Mac

Get going about 20, and rapid stop. (somewhere safe like empty parking lot) Preferably where there isn't too much traction. Look for skid marks. Also, check (touch test) the center of the wheels immediately after driving, if one is hotter than the others, then it is probably working too hard, or dragging.

My rig started pulling to the drivers side when braking. Repalced the passenger caliper and it still pulls.

When I brake hard at say 30MP I hear a tire skid on the passenger side. could it be an issue with passenger rear drum brake?

Jeep drives straight and true when not braking. Also when it pulls the steering wheel doesn't turn .

First thing I would check is to make sure one of the rear drums isn't contaminated by a leaking axle seal. That will cause that side to lock up much easier than normal.

Thanks for the replies. I'll post up when I figure out what is causing it.
FWIW I have Balck Magic Pads with less then 4000 miles on them