Jeep recovery

DETOUR

TJ Enthusiast
Howdy All
This happened a week ago :
• DETOUR was all packed and ready to join Mark, a fellow jeeper for Saturday night 🌭 and bushwacking, when my phone rang around supper time
• Joel , another buddy’s teenage son got stuck with their ‘57 WILLYS pickup in a “predicament”
• dressed in runners, shorts n tshirt , Joel had this sheepish look on his face, because he hadn’t told anyone where he was goin and he just so happened to have cell service ....
• there was no need to rub it in 😉
• DETOUR’s tranny Is on its way out ( synchronization mechanism for 1st and 2nd gear got flushed out of the tranny, at the last oil change 😱 and the gears popping out with a terrible sound ☺️ )
• our trusty WARN 8274 had all 150 feet of cable ( minus 10 wraps ) stretched out in a single line with both Jeeps hooked goin uphill over a greasy trail
• returning home in the dark, past 11pm , I was in no shape to join my buddy who was tenting 30 minutes out of town in exactly the opposite direction from our recovery mission
• to keep the excitement goin, I drove up beside his tent the next morning before 6am and woke him up with a blast from the 20” long airhorn that I plumbed into the air reservoir on the LJ ( we’re still friends 😂😂😂 to this day)
• needless to say that it was my turn to whip up hearty breaky ( including doin dishes 😉).
• another memorable Jeep-trip under our belts

DETOUR Overnout

~•lllllll•~👋🏿
4A047D5D-DD4D-4C7B-9E7D-31B329F761D6.jpeg
BE18BF98-BC45-459F-A70A-A12066C0184F.jpeg
DEF3F7D7-7B80-48C3-8B69-71EA1FAB6B63.jpeg
A8D61E99-9EC0-4FF9-9218-54712BADA4D1.jpeg

Howdy All
• DETOUR was all packed and ready to join Mark, a fellow jeeper for Saturday night 🌭 and bushwacking, when my phone rang around supper time
• Joel , another buddy’s teenage son got stuck with their ‘57 WILLYS pickup in a “predicament”
• dressed in runners, shorts n tshirt , Joel had this sheepish look on his face, because he hadn’t told anyone where he was goin and he just so happened to have cell service ....
• DETOUR’s tranny Is on its way out ( synchronization mechanism for 1st and 2nd gear got flushed out of the tranny, at the last oil change 😱 and the gears popping out with a terrible sound ☺️ )
• our trusty WARN 8274 had all 150 feet of cable ( minus 10 wraps ) stretched out in a single line with both Jeeps hooked goin uphill over a greasy trail
• returning home in the dark, past 11pm , I was in no shape to join my buddy who was tenting 30 minutes out of town in exactly the opposite direction from our recovery mission
• to keep the excitement goin, I drove up beside his tent the next morning before 6am and woke him up with a blast from the 20” long airhorn that I plumbed into the air reservoir on the LJ ( we’re still friends 😂😂😂 to this day)
• needless to say that it was my turn to whip up hearty breaky ( including doin dishes 😉).

DETOUR Overnout

~•lllllll•~👋🏿View attachment 257669View attachment 257670View attachment 257671

Attachments

• IMG_1490.MP4
    13.8 MB
  • IMG_1490.MP4
    13.8 MB
Reactions: reddvltj
Howdy All

DETOUR Overnout

~•lllllll•~👋🏿View attachment 257669View attachment 257670View attachment 257671

Ok, that brake light would annoy the fuck out of me. I'd not follow it, ever, for any reason.

It could be flashing like that on camera if it's an LED. Many youtube videos and my own videos that tape Jeeps with LED headlights do the same thing. When you are in person you cannot see it.

Reactions: Apparition